Thursday 27 September 2018

THE WEDDING SERIES 

Our Engagement Photoshoot

Well as most of you might have heard (that is if you follow me on social media) 
I AM ENGAGED!! 

I still can't get over it and it is such a crazy feeling! I've decided to start this little series where I go through what we're doing and all of our planning so that I can hopefully give some tips and share my experience for others to learn from.

I'm going to start this series off with our engagement photo-shoot which we decided to do pretty quickly after we got engaged. We felt that we wanted to get the photos early so that we could capture the age that we were at and still have that 'new engaged feeling' straight away. I was able to get in contact with my friend Tim who does incredible photography work and does shoots from weddings to work events.


We decided to have the shoot at Moreton Corbet Castle where Ollie & I have walked many times (we love our history) and Tim kindly enough came down to do the shoot. He had never been there before but walked around the site and came up with ideas for the photo-shoot on the spot. 


Previously when we had gone to visit the site it had been pretty empty and so we immediately thought this would be perfect for our shoot. However, this time around it was a beautiful sunny day and the place was filled with families with picnics, children and dogs. Obviously myself and Ollie were incredibly nervous when we saw all the people but luckily Tim was there to reassure us and was able to make us feel completely relaxed and by the end of the shoot we had forgotten there were people even there! He was also able to photograph us where it looked like nobody else was running around the place which was fantastic! 


The photo-shoot we had lasted around 2 hours and Tim was an absolute god send as he told us where to stand, what to do and what looked good! I may be a blogger but I am not the greatest at knowing where to put myself in a photo, especially an engagement photo-shoot! Considering I forced Ollie along to this (girls you'll find that men really are not as excited as you are for the shoots)he was so grateful of having someone to tell him what to do. 


As well as the photo-shoot, Tim also suggested the Polaroid package (which as a blogger I absolutely loved). Basically whilst he takes the photos he also snaps away with his Polaroid camera which is such a quirky idea and gives a very retro feel to your shoot!



After we had finished the shoot it took around 2 weeks for the photos to arrive which Tim had worked exceptionally hard on editing. They arrived via 1st class recorded delivery in the most amazing photo box I had seen. 





The box was engraved with our names and Tim's logo and when you opened up the box you see the first edited picture that Tim shows you before the whole shoot is completed. To the right of it lay a memory stick (which again was engraved) and had all our photos on. He also as well as editing them in colour, also edited them in black and white which I thought was amazing! As well as this we also had the Polaroids that Tim took in our parcel which were really exciting to open! I can tell you that we were not disappointed with the effect that the Polaroid's gave us as it made it feel as though we had got engaged in the 70's. It was just so different and something we will treasure.


Overall we had an amazing engagement shoot which was only due to the brilliant photographer Tim who helped us in any way he could and kept in touch throughout the whole process. I would highly recommend him for any event as he made something that we were very unsure of into one of the best experiences we'd had. 


You can find Tim on his website: https://www.tjpphotography.co.uk/

Also please take a look at his work on his social media links: 


- Laura xo

No comments:

Post a Comment