Monday 4 June 2018

Top 10 Packing Tips


Well guys we are officially half way through the year! I just cannot believe it. However I am glad we have finally hit holiday season and I am lucky enough to be heading out on two trips abroad this month. 

So because of this I thought I would share with you my top 10 tips for packing for holiday!

1. PLAN YOUR OUTFITS

Now this might seem fairly common sense but by planning your outfit right down to what jewelry your going to wear can help save on packing. At least this way you can pre-plan the outfits and pick things you can mix together and so enabling you to take less!

2. ROLL YOUR CLOTHES

You may have heard this rather often now but once you try this once you really won't go back. By rolling your clothes it enables you to fit more into your case and it also creates less creases. A bonus either way!

3. FOLD UNDERWEAR

By actually folding your underwear into your case instead of scrunching it up into the corner can actually create more space for you in your case. (Also no creased knickers!)

4. CHECKLIST

Now depending if your like me I love to have a check list for absolutely everything! I can't recommend making one for when you pack enough as it really helps you remember everything as you can simply tick something off when its in your case.

5. MED KIT

Well, a health kit at least. I think it's always essential to pack things like paracetamol, plasters, itch relief ointment etc. You genuinely do not know what you could get when you go abroad but if you have the basics covered this should help!

6. WET SWIMWEAR 

I always like to pack a plastic shopping bag in case you need to store a wet bathing suit. This way you can enjoy the beach right up until you need to leave!

7. ACCESSORIES

If you have any accessories that you wish to take away that you don't want getting mixed up in your bag or lost I suggest using a pill case compartment holder. This way you can put rings and earrings in the separate compartments and keep them safe. 

8. LARGER ACCESSORIES

Larger accessories such as necklaces I would suggest threading the two ends through straws. This way they will not get tangled when jumbling around in your case!

9. BRAS

If you find it annoying (like myself) when bras lose their shape when getting shoved in a suitcase then listen up. The best way I have found to avoid this is to simply put multiple bras into one (if your taking different ones) or you can simply use your bikini bras. This way it keeps their shape! 

10. DIRTY SHOES

Take a cheap shower cap with you to wrap around the bottom of your dirty shoes so you don't get your clothes messy!

I hope you enjoyed my 10 top tips for packing. Do you have any tips that I haven't mentioned? I'd love to hear them!

Six days to Slovenia now!! 

Till next time,

- Laura xo

No comments:

Post a Comment