Sunday 5 May 2019

Snapshots From Slovenia 

Over the last year I've been fortunate to travel to two extremely interesting places which have been very different in their own way. Both Dominican Republic and Slovenia were very beautiful countries and had such different cultures. 

Today I'm talking about my adventure in Slovenia and how relaxed their city Ljubljana is. 


Ljubljana has some of most beautiful buildings I have actually seen. The city itself is well kept, clean and utterly stunning. However, one thing you have to get used to is a LOT of bikes. The city is actually supposed to be one of the greenest, eco-friendly cities there is and to be honest you can see that it is. 

As well as the beautiful surroundings I can't speak highly enough about their food. 


It's actually crazy how cheap the food is in Ljubljana and how massive it is! I ordered the above pizza for myself not actually realizing how huge it was going to be on arrival. We ended up taking half of it back to the hotel we were staying at as it was impossible to eat. 


Oh and their ice creams were amazing. It was incredible being able to stand in the town centre surrounded by stunning architecture and watching the hustle and bustle pass by whilst tucking into this little delight. 


Can we just talk about the beer for a second? I don't actually drink beer in the UK at all really, but we went to a place called 'England Pub' which served Union beer with lemon flavouring. Oh my god it was incredible and I actually couldn't get enough. I am actually really sad that the UK doesn't sell it!


If I were to compare the city to somewhere that is more well known then I would say that it has a feel of Amsterdam. The rivers are beautiful and there are so many eateries and shops along their.


Travelling outside of the city centre we ended up at Lake Bled which was an amazing lake with an incredible view. The mountainside surrounding the area is well worth a look if travelling to the country. 


If you want a cheap trip away which has superb food, drink, culture and everyone speaks incredible English (we did try to learn Slovene, however, all I learnt was 'Pivo' which means beer!) Then I highly recommend going to Slovenia for a city break, I would go back there time and time again!!

- Laura xo





No comments:

Post a Comment